SlushPuppies SlushPuppies

It's fun, but I gave up when I was way far in and I died and got reset to the beginning. Am I back in the year 1980?

I do like the look and feel of the game, though. It's the little details that make it, such as the character snapping to the nearest pixel when you stop walking, so that he doesn't break the pixel grid look.

StuffBySpencer responds:

thanks for the review!

I completely agree with the restarting thing, I messed up on that feature and it definitely takes away the fun of the game. Checkpoints are incredibly important and I really learned that from all the feedback this game got.

Thanks for playing :)

Super Gonad Smasher Super Gonad Smasher

I was cringing with sympathetic pain as soon as the game started, which is fine because that's the joke and it's hilarious; however, the gameplay didn't hold up well enough for the game to stay enjoyable. The concept is pretty fun in theory: you have to bounce constantly and you can ground-pound to attack enemies or bounce higher than normal. Unfortunately, the first boss battle of the game doesn't feel fair at all because there is almost no margin for error which is a problem because the first boss is literally the entire game (after a few introductory rooms). In the first part of the boss in particular, I felt like I could have timed my jumps better if it didn't depend on how close I was to my next bounce compared to where the boss was, and sometimes it just didn't line up to where I could really and a hit on him. The rest of the game continues to be painfully hard (pun intended) to the point that you have to basically memorize all the sequences. This kind of ruins the experience since the only other redeeming quality was the comedy, which amounts to "you have giant balls which you use to get around and the villain wants to cut your balls off".

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

This might be one of the hardest games I have ever played.

Serious Santa Serious Santa

Holy crap I forgot how hard this was. Still fun though.

Super Mechs Super Mechs

Well, I don't know if I'm gonna spend money on this but it's a damn good way to kill some time. The system leads to some interesting battles. I managed to win by overheating my opponent but I can see there are plenty of strategies for me to try. The music is alright, the graphics are cool and
The tutorial was refreshingly short, no more complicated than necessary. The whole interface is good and snappy, and I like that.

Any time I can challenge people in a game with real strategy and though involved, that's always fun.

Also I haven't seen any bugs so far.

Eat! Eat!

For a simple game, it's good. The graphics look ok too. I think it's possible to lose when they randomly appear on top of you though. meh. xD

super mario super mario

Man, although it's derivative as they get this is probably the best "mario flash game" I have ever seen. It's got controls that feel good and it's not real glitchy. It's even got the spinning and moving platforms and things work the way you expect. Turtles shells do what they should, things react to Mario and the powerups are cool. If the graphics were cleaner and the music looped the way it should I think this would be 5/5.

Gardening 101 Gardening 101

Not bad overall, it's very clear what to do but this is not much of a game. What I mean is that by programming it so you can never lose makes it far less interesting. Perhaps if you had a specific set of pieces and you had to place them it would be a better puzzle game. Placing flowers and bushes together is not a bad idea and the graphics are okay but I don't think much of the game.

Rune Raiders Rune Raiders

I wasn't sure about this at first but I had a lot of fun with this game. The dialogue is pretty funny.
The gameplay manages to be interesting enough and getting 3 stars takes some thought.

Tiny Dream Tiny Dream

At the end: Oh crap I'm late for school!

Very well done, considering it was a Ludum Dare entry! The puzzles weren't all that hard but it was interesting. I like the tiny graphics and the way the world is round and you complete a full circle. The end is a bit disappointing, though, it makes the rest of the game seem a bit pointless.